Lariosa Inc. Powered by Blogger.
RSS

The Continuation

They stopped their meaningless conversing. All was silent-silent, but the pounding heart beated on. Terrorizing my every thought. Questioning the very sanity I surely possessed. The three men stared, wide-eyed, at the floorboards I beckoned them to. Alas! Their puzzled expressions continued to haunt me!-why, why? Why must they so cruelly torture me this way? For certain they heard the ticking of the old man’s heart.

"I beg of you!-come-come now!" I cried, "Arrest me for this ghastly transgression!"

With that being said, one of the officers shackled my hands behind my back, while another began to pry up the planks. The third, took me out of the chamber and into the hall.

"You admit to the deed of killing the old man?" he stated.

"Yes! Yes I admit! I strangled the man and dismembered his cold body- hid it underneath the floorboards! Please take me away!-have mercy- I can bear to listen to the evil hearts' beat no longer!"

After further questioning, the officer brought me back into the chamber where I paced the floor. Frightfully nervous of my fate. Wanting, nay, praying for my punishment to be death. The flaming pits of hell!-hell I say!-must have been a thousand times better than my sufferings here.

"Officers, come look at this" remarked one of the policemen.

I imagined what the man had called them over to see. The old man's body. Cut into bits and pieces. Yet when they did, I didn't hear the terrified gasps I was expecting.-no-no not a sound! Have these men no hearts? No compassion for my poor victim?

"You say you hid the body under the planks?" one asked.                  

"Yes, of course! Look!-look-look at it! Are you blind?" I wailed.

"But, there is nothing there."

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment